Going Global: Gaining International Business
Need additional ways to secure customers and expand your business globally? Try the following:
1. Participate in industry-wide trade shows. Doing so gets your company name out there and attracts potential buyers.
2. Know the basics about your product or service when customers inquire online and offline. Respond swiftly with accurate answers.
3. Regularly visit customer who are involved in your business transactions, or establish a web-conferencing program.
4. Make personal contact with your new targets, and be prepared to yield and compromise when needed.
5. Maintain the goal of entering a different culture, adapting to it and making it your own.
Source: U.S. Small Business Administration