Managing Your E-Commerce Site
Once you start selling online, the following are some of the challenges that you need to be prepared for:
1. Keeping the website current. Some of the tasks are adding new products, removing obsolete products, and updating prices, updating promotions and specials constantly.
2. Once an order is placed online you have the responsibility to approve the sale or not. Keep in mind about the growing threat of identity theft.
3. Shipping the products on time.
4. Responding to customers over email or phone.
5. Dealing with the product exchanges and returns.
6. Keeping your inventory up to date.
7. Importing your online sales to your accounting software.
8. Monitoring your web logs to identify which products interest your customers.
9. Sending out newsletters for your loyal customers.
10. At the end of the day you need to keep your customers happy for you to be happy!
Source: Arun Viswanathan, DreamSoft Solutions, Inc.