Conquering Overload Paralysis As A Home-Based Business Owner
Overload paralysis: The condition afflicting home-based businesspeople who have so much to do and are so overwhelmed by where to start or what to do first that they do nothing. Sound familiar. Mary Kutheis, owner of Open Spaces LLC, works with individuals and companies who want to be more focused and better organized. She offers these tips to make you more productive:
1. Change Your Environment. The change of scenery and human interaction will jolt your brain into positive action.
2. Reach Out To A Colleague. It helps if you can reach out to another home-based entrepreneur. Someone who can relate to your issues.
3. Get Some Fresh Air. Take some deep breaths when you are out there and pull in some fresh oxygen to feed your brain.
4. Do Something...Anything. Sir Isaac Newton said it best, "An object in motion tends to stay in motion."
5. Do A Brain Dump. Sit down at the computer and type a list of every single thing you can think of that you need to do. List it all. When all of those "must do's" are floating around in your head, clear thought is impossible.
6. List Your Goals. Make sure you still have a clear purpose. That purpose is vital to determining your highest priority tasks.