Friday, September 10, 2010

The Dreaded Meeting....Making Them Productive

The business events I remember most from my brief experience working in corporate America are the endless daily and weekly meetings. Most were not productive. So when I became an entrepreneur, I vowed not to have them. Then I realized that was impossible.
Meetings are crucial, but how can you make them as effective as possible.
Author Patrick Lencioni, in his book, "Death by Meeting," says business owners should inject drama into their meetings to make the events more productive. For example, he believes the key to injecting drama into a meeting is being as direct as possible during the first 10 minutes of a meeting so everyone understands what is at stake.
Try injecting some drama into your next meeting and see if the results change.
--Ron Ameln, SBM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home